Client Name: PowerCo
Dont display in Great Results Category: no
Strategy & Planning: no
Project Delivery: no
Technical Services: no
The project objective was to ensure the security, diversity and certainty of electricity supply to PowerCo’s growing customer base on the Coromandel Peninsula.
Construction of the 110kV Coroglen to Kaimarama line in 2011 allowed the 66kV line to be taken out of service to allow for critical maintenance to be undertaken.
Edison was engaged by PowerCo to project manage the design, procurement and construction stages of the project. This included the following aspects:
- Managing the design subcontract
- Procurement of the long lead time construction materials (conductor, poles, cross-arms & insulators)
- Procurement of the construction contract
- Management of the construction contract
- Liaison with landowners before, during and after the construction works
“Edison provided valuable support for all landowner liaison, overall procurement of major material items and the construction project management for this project on behalf of PowerCo ensuring it was completed on time and without incident”.
Keith Forlong, Eastern External Works Manager, PowerCo