Wiroa Road Stage 1
Client Name: Top Energy
Dont display in Great Results Category: no
Strategy & Planning: no
Project Delivery: no
Technical Services: no
Top Energy Limited owns the electricity lines network which supplies 30,000 electricity consumers in the mid and far north areas of New Zealand's North Island.
Top Energy has constructed and commissioned a strategically important electricity substation about five kilometres west of Kerikeri on Wiroa Road. This is the first stage of the $9.8 million substation project which, when completed, will connect the new 33kV Kerikeri network with the new 110kV transmission line from Kaikohe.
Stage 1 of the project involved the development of a suitable substation platform including sufficient space to contain the future stages of the new substation, construction of a building to house the control equipment and in separate fire cells the 33kV switchgear and ripple plant.
Edison was engaged by Top Energy to provide client side project management with the delivery of the construction and commissioning stages of the project including the following
- Management of all aspects of a design and build substation project to establish a new 33kV switching station
- Construction of building containing the protection and switchgear
- Installation of 33kV switchgear
- Installation of secondary systems
- Preparation of a comprehensive commissioning plan
- Management of testing and commissioning of new substation and integration into the Top Energy network
- Ensuring completion of all close out activities including ‘as builds’ of drawings
- All quality documentation was received and reviewed to assure a seamless transition to stage 2 of the project
Edison provided a client side project management and commissioning service, with a focus on ensuring all works were carried out safely, while minimising outages and reducing the disruption caused to the network throughout the project works.
‘Edison provided a high level of client contract management for Top Energy, working well with the design and build contractor.’
Andy Taylor, Top Energy